Monday, June 8, 2020

DON'T JUST SMELL THE ROSES.......SEE THE ROSES!


Genesis 1:16-18
Then God made two great lights. The greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night. He made the stars also.
God set them in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth.

And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide light from the darkness. And God saw that it was good.

A friend of mine called me yesterday, just about dark.
He was all excited about the sunset....all the colors that were on display as the last light of day faded from view. He told me that I'd better get outside before I missed this incredible light show. He was right. The sky was ablaze with purple, pink, red, shades of yellow and dark blue. It was as if God was washing off the paint he'd used for sunrise and it was filling up the sky here at the end of the day.

What other things did we miss yesterday?
Were we so caught up with protest and virus stories that we failed to see or hear from God?

Even with all the spiritual darkness out there, did you search for spiritual light?
Did you seek out the ONE who had created everything, or did you listen to the one who wants to destroy everything and take God's place?

Don't let the devil or the world system steal your attention from the work that God is doing all around us. As I've said before, "Things aren't falling apart....they are falling in place."

Romans 1:20
For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse.

God is speaking to us on so many levels, and yet we still don't perceive what He is saying.
I think maybe it's time I trade in these old tried ears for a fresh set.

Not talking about the two "thingy's" hanging on the side of my head.
I'm speaking of the inner workings of the Spirit.
A fresh touch from Him to hear the word of God when I read it.
A fresh touch so I can see what lies beyond the false reality this world has created.

Come Lord Jesus...
God on you...

mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...