Wednesday, June 17, 2020

KEEPING YOUR BALANCE



I Peter 2:21
For you have been called for this purpose, since Christ also suffered for you, leaving you and example for you to follow in His steps.

As a kid, I use to love the game that is pictured above. 
Tilt it back and forth until you get the BB's to fit into the eye holes.
You'd work and work until you finally got one in, but as you started on the other BB, sometimes the one that you had placed would roll out and you'd have to start all over again.
It was all about the balance of the game.
It was about patience and not tilting too far one way or the other.

Isn't life like this?
A thing of balance?
A balance to the choices we make.

A balance to the way we view life.
A balance that enables us to keep from losing our place, and having to crawl back out of the proverbial ditch so we can start over.

The passage from I Peter is the balance that we all need in our lives.
Peter said that Christ has left us an example of how to live life here on this planet.
Simple instructions....
FOLLOW IN HIS STEPS.

Did you notice that it did not mention anything about the political climate ( Now when this was written, Rome was the big dog, ruling the world with its foot on the neck of humanity).
The passage did not saying about the religious side of life. Why? Because God seeks relationship, not religion. His desire is for us to simply follow where He leads, say what He tells us to speak, and love. Love others (the ones we want to, and especially the ones we don't want to) like it was nobodies business.

I truly do desire to live a life of balance.
To not be swept up by emotion, where choices I make are usually not very good.
To center myself in Christ and move out into the world to face my day.
Doesn't seem like a bad thing does it?

God on you...
mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...