Tuesday, June 9, 2020

THE GLORIOUS INVITATION


Matthew 25:34
Then the King will say to those on His right hand, "Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world."

What incredible words to read.....
Now imagine how incredible they will sound when first you hear them from the lips of Jesus.
To audibly hear Jesus speak this invitation.
An invitation to receive an inheritance that had been planned and created for us to receive.

If you read on in the Matthew 25 passage, you'll find that those who received the invitation had not turned a blind eye to those who are in need. In fact, they had become the legs, arms, voice and heart of Christ as they moved about their day. Under the unction of the Holy Spirit, they were made aware of the plight of others. Rather than turning away, they engage people in need to help.
They reached out to the following:
# 1 - Those who are hungry
#2 - Those who are thirsty
#3 - Those who had no one to turn to. Who lived their life in loneliness.
#4 - Those who did not even have enough clothes to cover themselves with. I think this might also include having enough clothes to keep warm during those cold winter months.
#5 - Those who are sick that no one came to visit with.
#6 - Those who are in prison, paying for the crime they committed.

But to me the real marvel about this entire passage is that those who reached out to the others on the list, did so with no thought as to being seen as religious, or to receive the praises of others.
Matthew 25:37-39
Then the righteous will answer Him saying, "Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give You drink? When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? Or when did we see You sick, or in prison and come to You?"I've always said that as followers of Christ, we should spend our time "BECOMING" the people who Christ died for, not doing a bunch of stuff. Some folks have trouble with this thought. Let me finish it though. I have always said the we are "Human BEINGS"....not "Human DOINGS". So to me the thing that amazes me is that those who God has granted the Kingdom to were unaware and gave no thought as to why they did what they did. They simply seen a need and acted on it. They sought no glory for themselves. They did not look for photo opportunities to share their good deeds. They simply acted because that is what Jesus did.

Maybe we all need to take a long look at this passage.
Take a long look, and then see who is around us that we might could help.
Like I said, I pray that I can hear Jesus say those words to me after my life is over...
"Come you blessed of My Father".

God on you...
mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...