Thursday, June 4, 2020

TODAY? COULD BE!


I Thessalonians 4:16-18
For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.
Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them n the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so shall we always be with the Lord.
Therefore, comfort one another with these words.

The early foundation was built upon the scripture concerning the Lord's return.
To be ever watchful, but also taking care of my business as I move through my day.
His return will not be late....
His return will not be early....
But the Father will dispatch His Son at the appropriate moment to receive His bride, the church.

Now when I refer to the church, I'm not talking about everyone whose name is on a church roll of a particular denomination. I'm not even talking about denominations. I'm not naive enough to believe that everyone who passes through a church door will be found in this "catching away". To me, the church is comprised of those who truly have been saved and are about the kingdom work that God has called them to.

Matthew 7:21 tells us..."Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven...but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter."
Pretty clear, huh?

Back to His return....
Such seems to have fallen out of favor with some. You don't hear it talked about, preached, or written about. I pray that this truth of the Lord's return has not been relegated to a place of "Fairy Tales".
If so, there's going to be a lot of people with the mouth's open when it does happen.

For me, the words of I Thessalonians are a comfort.
As dark as the world has become.....
As insane as our nation has become....
As morally bankrupt as I see among people today...
I have a hope.
I have something that faith makes as real as this chair I am sitting in.
The Promises of the Lord are "Yes and Amen".

I read something this morning that really caught my eye.
It's from Growing Deep In The Christian Life by Church Swindoll.
In writing about the Lord's Return, He states that we, as believers, should arise each morning, and before we do anything else, look out the window and speak two simple lines....
"Good morning Father. Will I see You today."
No one knows what the day holds....
Not you...
Not me....
For this very reason, I think I will go about my business with one eye here....
and one eye on the sky.

Maranatha Lord Jesus!
Come on down!

God on you...
mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...