Wednesday, August 5, 2020

HOPE



Hebrews 6:19
This HOPE we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast......

Hope seems to be all over the map these days...
Hope that the Federal Government can solve all our problems.
Hope that mankind can eradicate all the social ills that plague this world.
Hope shot up into the air like a hunter on opening day of dove season...praying...well, maybe praying is the wrong word...thinking that they might hit something.

All the while, God is still in control.
Methodically carrying out His plans.
Always pouring out His grace and mercy upon those who have laid their hands to the cross and are following Him daily.

To some, Hope is an ethereal word, almost like a wisp of smoke from a smoldering fire....
To me, Hope is the bedrock upon which Christ has called me to stand and live my life.
Hope fueled by faith...
Hope that is first-cousin to faith.
The two are almost one in the same.

Without the realtionship that God affords to all who come to Him, hope is the gift from Him that helps me to see beyond my problems and situations.
Hope does not let me excuse them...
But Hope shows me that God will lead me in the path He desires me to walk in.
So like the song David Crowder sings.....
"All My Hope Is In Jesus".
"Thank God, that yesterday is gone."

God on you...
mbb



No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...