Monday, August 3, 2020

MONDAY MORNING COFFEE



Good Monday Morning to you....
Early morning is a good time for me.
My head hasn't yet filled up with stuff and things to do...
My thoughts are clear...not to deep mind you, but clear.
And what stretches before me in this day contains all manner of possibilities.

A mixture of beauty and yet a great sadness covers this world.
I guess it's been this way since the fruit was passed back and forth by that couple God created.
Funny how a piece of fruit brought down humanity...
Well, to be honest, it wasn't the fruit that did it.
It was a disobedient heart that was enticed to "have it your way!".
The very idea of being able to make decisions on their own was a bit overpowering.
Couple that with the lie that the serpent spun....("God knows that when you eat the fruit you will BE LIKE GOD"), and you got a bomb waiting to explode.

But long before the woman stretched out her hand to pick the fruit....
Before the taste of that fruit hit her tongue...
The deed was done in the heart.
The decision was made by her to have this "One thing".
All that was left was to act on the decision.

How many of us do the same thing?
Play out all the scenario's of what we truly desire, knowing that we are going against God's wishes.
Yet that burning desire of the heart only grows hotter and hotter as it stirs our emotions to have our own way.

"What can one drink hurt?"
"It's only meth....one hit won't be that bad."
And so we play the justification game....
All the while sliding down that slippery slope to destruction.
Left unchecked, that slide will take away everything we hold dear.
Left unchecked, that slide will destroy everything and everyone around us.
All because the heart wants what it wants.

Psalm 34:4 and 6
I sought the Lord, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears
This poor man cried out, and the Lord heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles.

These aren't just flowery words to make you feel good...
This is truth meant to save your very soul.
Either God is who He claims He is, or He isn't.
Either God will do what He has promised He would do, or He won't.
If it's all a lie, then let's shut it all down and just go get stupid and crazy doing what ever our heart desires....
If it's true then lets turn will and life over to His care.
I choose the "turning over" for my own life.
How about you?

God on you....
mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...