Sunday, August 16, 2020

IT WAS A GOOD NIGHT

 


Romans 6:3-4
Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death?
Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Any time we get to baptize someone at ReCOVERY Church, it is a joy and blessing. Such happened last night. I know that on the surface, it just looks like we put someone in water, push them down, then lift them up. And in the natural that is exactly what takes place. But on the Spiritual side (which we see by faith) a death and resurrection takes place.

There is a divine separation as the old man (sinful heart and nature) is buried. Symbolically, when we lower someone under the water, that is the same as if we put their body in the grave.
There under that water, they are cut off from the world. When we bring them up. Let me stop right here.....they don't get up by themselves. They don't rise up in their own strength or ability. There are hands that lay hold of them and lift them from the water. What does this mean? it means that I can't resurrect myself from my old life. I can choose to kill that sin nature that is at the very core of who I am, but I cannot resurrect myself into a new life. The Holy Spirit of God is the one who accomplishes this. 

So when we lift a person out of the water, they are not the same one who was buried. The transformation is complete, as they have identified themselves with Christ.

II Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, they are a new creation. Old things have passed and behold all things have become new.

So the individual who came to be baptized last night, was not the same one who left after the service was over.
Please pray for this person as they grow and mature in Christ.
It was a good night.....
It was a God night......

God on you....
mbb

No comments:

THE REALITY OF THE NAME OF GOD

Listening to Keith Green this morning as he sings "How Majestic Is Your Name". I had to  ask myself, "Do I truly unerstnd the...